Friday, August 21, 2009

Lucky

So maybe I'm not very lucky. So maybe no one else is really very lucky either. Sure, some people have fortune... but I wonder at what cost that comes. Look at Britney.

I'm writing this post between classes instead of looking over biochemistry like I should. This class is going to work my nerves, what with his fascination with diseases of all sorts and Alzheimer's. It's very interesting to live on both sides of the fence...On one hand, I'm one of the people who experienced the effects but know nothing, and on the other, I'm part of the clinical community that examines things like these dehumanized.

The way my professor was talking about cystic fibrosis and cancer and the like was definitely dehumanized. I can't think of certain things that way anymore. But maybe situations like mine motivated people like Jonas Salk. That man's a hero. We need more of them.

I'm not saying no to sexy heroes, either.

---

Bagel kid. What do you want. Check yes or no.

---

There's this Indian fellow sitting next to me in the library right now. Breathing very heavily. It's kinda creepy. Reminds me of that kid from Hey Arnold. Ahh, I miss the 90s. VCRs, cartoons, 56k modem dial noises...The life.

I recently had a pseudo-discussion with a friend of mine about whether or not electrons are purple. It's important to note that conversations like that are amazing. Complete waste of time, but amazing nonetheless.

What am I getting at? I don't know. I hereby declare this post useless. But I suppose I'll leave it with a question.

Hello dear reader. Who are you?

2 comments:

Bookish.Spazz said...

I'm Lizzi :)

And dehumanizing things causes insanity to set in a lot slower. Knowing all these things about cancer, cystic fibrosis, etc., and how devastating those diseases are, and the symptoms and insides and outsides of said diseases would definitely make me go crazy, especially if there's a chance they could get it.... would surely drive anyone insane.

chelsea said...

Chelsea here. Misfit and also part of the clan of the unlucky.

Ughhhh... my classes start Monday, not looking forward to it.